My favourite thing is when people post oatmeal and they’re like, “kept it super simple today” and it’s like vanilla bean matcha chai toffee coffee oats with cocoa nibs, caramelized star fruit and bewitched pecan butter with barbecued bananas captured in the trees of Narnia.
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
I like to stick with an easily digestible form of protein like low fat milk, protein powders, white fish or egg whites and some carbs. You want fats to take longer for nutrients to migrate from the stomach to the lower gastrointestinal tract where the majority of digestion takes place. Peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats but pre- workout is better so it has longer to digest and provides you with enough fuel to power through.
- low fat chocolate milk (silk almond milk)
- tuna on whole wheat
- eggs / egg whites / hard boiled
- piece of chicken
- protein shake
- greek yogurt
- cottage cheese with fruit
- Veggie omelet with toast or roll
- vegetable stir-fry with chicken, shrimp, edamame or tofu
- wheat crackers with low fat cheese
just for kicks here is some pre-workout food ideas too…
- whole-wheat crackers with a little peanut butter
- protein bar / protein shake
- banana with peanut butter
- apple with peanut butter
- low fat greek yogurt with fruit
- oatmeal with some sliced almonds
- fruit salad with some chia seeds
- tortilla with hummus and turkey
Since joining Planet Fitness almost 2 weeks ago, I have been a lot more active and I am loving it!
Yesterday I worked out on the treadmill while I studied for my Spanish final.
Today I went with my mom and we started off with a 10 minute walk on the treadmill, then used the 30 minute express workout room, and ended our visit with some relaxing massages!
Tomorrow I would like to get up early-ish and go for a bike ride on the trail by my house, and then go to the gym with my mom before I go to work.
I love feeling so much better about myself and am so thankful for the loving support system that I have.